Jaxson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jonah

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Josh and I were able to travel to Connecticut and spend Thanksgiving with his Aunt and Uncle, Mindy and Drew! It is so nice to have some family out on the east coast, it makes us not feel so alone! We were able to go up on Wednesday and buy all the stuff for the feast! We stayed up till 2 in the morning trying to make pies and get some stuff ready so we didn't have as much to do on Thursday. I was so proud of us because we made the whole dinner just Mindy and I! We made homemade pies, stuffing, cranberry sauce, yams, potatoes, rolls, green bean casserole, pretty much the works! We make everything with only one oven and it was all very yummy! Drew also made his famous cream roll for dessert, which was delicious! They just had a baby and she is the cutest thing ever! Baby Halle! We had so much fun! We went and saw Yale's campus, because Drew is going to Med School there. We also went to the beach and were able to see the beautiful sights of Connecticut! It was so fun to spend Thanksgiving with family being so far away and get to know them better! We stayed up till like two in the morning every night just visiting and laughing! Sometimes we would get a case of the giggles! :)
With it being Thanksgiving, it has made me reflect on everything that I am so grateful for! First of all is my wonderful husband! I could not ask for more! He is wonderful to me and I am so lucky to have him! I also have the best family and in-laws in the world! They are the best that anyone could ask for and I am so grateful for that! I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ! It blesses our lives so much and I don't know where I would be without it! I am so grateful for the opportunity that we have to go to school and further our education. I am also so thankful for trials in our lives and how it makes us grow and become more like the Savior. Although sometimes when I am going through them, I tend to forget that. I am so lucky! We had a wonderful time in Connecticut, thank you Mindy and Drew for letting us come and stay with you! We had a blast! We love you all and hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

The whole gang!
I made Halle a little hat! It was so cute!

The boys playing Halo!

The beach. It was a little chilly!

Josh "carving" the turkey. Who needs a knife?

The oven was packed full!

The boys figuring out how to get the turkey ready! It was pretty funny!

Making Pies!

Josh making a scarf! Ha ha he is going to kill me! This is my new hobby and I know he likes it a lot deep down!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! We missed you back home, but we will see you in just a few short weeks :) Loved your comments, and love YOU!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a really great Thanksgiving!! Nice job on all the food! Oh and thanks for helping me out on my survey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh it would be so fun to all get together it has been forever!! Let me know when it's all going down and I can even bring a treat, ha ha:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Thanksgiving post Maddi! We did such a good job with our big Thanksgiving feast didn't we?! I'm so proud of us...and of our hubby's for tackling all those dishes & taking care of the turkey business! We loved having you guys here with us for the whole holiday weekend, what a treat! The apartment seems so quiet now that Drew's back at school and you guys had to go back as well, we miss you! Thankfully we get to see you very soon back in Utah! We can't wait and Halle is ready for more snuggle time with both of you! We LOVE the darling little hat you made for Halle, it's so soft and cozy! Thanks again for coming out! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah we should totally get together when we go out there!!! we'll be out there for like 12 days!! you guys should come up and go to the yankee game with us!!!! that would be so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete