Josh and I made the 3 hour long trip to the Washington DC temple yesterday. It was beautiful! We left when Josh got done with school at about 1:30 and made it to the 6:00 session. Then when we got there I realized I had forgotten my camera. So this picture was taken with my phone. Being from Utah we were expecting to eat before the session in the temple cafeteria because we were STARVING by the time we got there. To our suprise the cafeteria was a bunch of vending machines! We had 6 dollars in cash so we got a sandwich, a grilled ham and chesse, a burrito, a hot pocket, some pretzels, and a rice stir fry. And we still had 5 cents to spare! Those were quite the vending machines! But now we know we must eat before we go! The session was great and then on our way home was yet another adventure. We have a GPS and it was telling us how to get home. But the only problem was we kept reading it wrong. I don't know how it was happening but we kept missing exits or getting off on the wrong ones! Finally after 3 detours we stopped at Arby's for yet another meal and asked the worker for help. We finally rolled in about 11:30 last night. So it was quite the trip compared to our usual 10 minute drive to the temple in Ogden. Or 5 minute trip in Ephraim. But it was well worth it. The temple was amazing!Saturday, June 28, 2008
TeMpLe DaY!
Josh and I made the 3 hour long trip to the Washington DC temple yesterday. It was beautiful! We left when Josh got done with school at about 1:30 and made it to the 6:00 session. Then when we got there I realized I had forgotten my camera. So this picture was taken with my phone. Being from Utah we were expecting to eat before the session in the temple cafeteria because we were STARVING by the time we got there. To our suprise the cafeteria was a bunch of vending machines! We had 6 dollars in cash so we got a sandwich, a grilled ham and chesse, a burrito, a hot pocket, some pretzels, and a rice stir fry. And we still had 5 cents to spare! Those were quite the vending machines! But now we know we must eat before we go! The session was great and then on our way home was yet another adventure. We have a GPS and it was telling us how to get home. But the only problem was we kept reading it wrong. I don't know how it was happening but we kept missing exits or getting off on the wrong ones! Finally after 3 detours we stopped at Arby's for yet another meal and asked the worker for help. We finally rolled in about 11:30 last night. So it was quite the trip compared to our usual 10 minute drive to the temple in Ogden. Or 5 minute trip in Ephraim. But it was well worth it. The temple was amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sounds like you guys had fun...that made me laugh! I was just picturing you two buying that food out of the vending machines and josh eating almost all of it ha...miss you guys and can't wait to see ya this weekend!!
ReplyDelete