So since we have moved to Pennsylvania we have heard SO much about this wonderful Shoo Fly Pie that the Amish make. Especially from Josh's dad Ralph. So when we went to the Farmer's Market yesterday we decided to buy a small one and try it out. Last night we did it. We had our first bite of Shoo Fly Pie and let me tell you....it was not very good. It's really molassesy, I don't think that's a word but it was like taking a bite of molasses with flour all over the top. Apparently we aren't true Pennsylvanians but that's ok because I'm a Utahn through and through! We also had our first experience with the famous Amish sausages. They were kind of like hot dogs but way better! Now this is a different story. They were really good!! We loved them!
Josh had a wonderful little field trip today for his Biology class. I know I know he is going to one of the most expensive schools in the nation and he goes on field trips to Reptileland? How does that work? But he said it was really cool. He got to pet a 3 foot alligator and a 5 foot boa constricter.



Ralph told me and Jake about those pies he loves...it didn't sound very good to me so i'm glad you tried it first :) Ya i need a little help with my blog, i don't know how to do all the cute stuff like yours has. It's good to hear that you guys are doing so great. Heidi told me you guys are coming home on July 2nd..we need to chat. Call me sometime or lets SKYPE!! I visited your house sunday and watched your wedding video. It was very good, it looked like you had an amazing wedding and you looked beautiful. Wish i could have been there. Anyways...lets talk sometime :) LOVE YA and tell Josh hello for me.
ReplyDelete