
This past weekend was the Lewisburg Ice Festival! It was really fun and something totally different than I had ever been to before. Our friends Liz and Jim and their cute daughter Lilly were able to come hang out with us all day. We went to lunch and then walked all around Lewisburg. In front of all the stores on Market Street they had ice sculptures. They were really cool! I had never seen anything like it really. Then at the park they had tons of games for little kids and more ice sculptures like the bear chair. Then the funniest thing was at 2:00 they had a Polar Bear Plunge where people paid 15 dollars (for charity) to jump in the Susquehanna! It is completely iced over they had to cut a big square out of the ice so people could jump in. Josh said the ice on the river was like 7 inches thick! Those people were crazy. We got some funny videos of it. Of course Josh was out standing on the ice so he could get good pictures. He said he is doing it next year! Ha ha we will see I guess. It was a really fun day though!
Josh doing his own plunge! This sculpture was my favorite! It was a cute frog!
On Friday night we went to Jim and Liz's and had dinner with them and played DDR and Guitar Hero! It was so fun to hang out with friends again! We are so glad they moved here so we could have more friends! Also my Mom and Chelsi are coming out here February 19th! We are going to go to NYC and just hang out! I am so excited!
Oh looks like a lot of fun. I have never been to an ice festival.
ReplyDeleteWe're so happy to have you as friends too! I love the video that Josh got and I love that I can hear him laughing through the whole thing! Hilarious.
ReplyDeleteMaddi, I'm so glad I got to see your blog. I had no idea you were in PA, and I'm SO JEALOUS! I absolutely love how beautiful it is out there! I'm so glad to hear you're doing well, and that your molar pregnancy is cleared up and such. I look forward to keeping in touch!
ReplyDeleteI think i know how we can settle our gingerbread contest dispute on who actually won.... an ice sculpture contest! ha ha Fun huh?
ReplyDeleteMM MM, NO NO! Don't think that's a good idea Joshua! Stay on the shore and watch, and take funny videos :) jk - ha ha (spoken like a true MOM).
ReplyDelete