Jaxson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jonah

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Trials in life..


Well it has been quite some time since I posted last and ALOT has happened in the life of the Andersen's. To make a long story short I have been VERY VERY SICK the last about three weeks and come to find out I had a Molar Pregnancy (google it if you want to know more). Anyways I had to have some surgery and stuff but things are going great now! Except I had to quit school because I missed so much and I couldn't make it all up. So now I have to decide what to do with the rest of my life! And the best thing is my MOM got to come out and visit during this time! She was here for 10 days to help me out and boy did we need her. My house was a MESS because I had been on the couch sick for so long. She helped us so much while she was here. I don't know what we would have done without her! I took her to the airport today and it was kind of sad. But we will be home in like 6 weeks for Christmas so there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I felt kind of bad while she was here because we didn't get to do a whole lot because I was recovering so she just kind of had to take care of me. But we did get a chance to go to the movie. We saw Nights in Rodanthe. I wouldn't exactly recommend it unless you like slow, sad, movies and watching old men make out. It was pretty gross!! I couldn't really get into it. But we played some games and went on some walks and watched lots of movies. Not to mention my mom scrubbed my house from top to bottom and re-caulked our tub! She also taught me how to make pies and we cooked alot of good food! She is such a life saver! But it's times like these when your faith is tried and we must turn to the Lord and He will comfort and bless us. Josh and I have had quite the ride since we moved to Pennsylvania. We have grown and matured far beyond what I ever thought possible...and we've only been here 6 months! It's hard being out here with no family or friends but it is making us grow closer and turn to each other. It is very good for our relationship. Here are a few pictures of our adventures while my mom was here. She loved the leaves changing here, and took a lot of pictures. They don't even do it justice. It is so pretty out here during the fall. That's one thing I like about Pennsylvania!


On a walk!

15 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are feeling better!! It's too bad that you have to be sick to get some good time with your mom though. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you feel better. I loved talking to you at church. I am sorry that your mom is gone. I hope that we can get together soon. I wish we lived in the same town. (Not that I can't drive to you)
    Love ya
    Britten

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear you were so sick! I'm glad you're better though, and it's good you got to see your mom. Hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats sound crazy!!! I'm so glad you are ok... I hope you get al better.. Moms are always so great when you need them. Me and Brade have found out living here that you have to be close. It really great that you guys are having such good experiences. we love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better, and you are going to get better and better all the time; I just know it! You really ARE growing and maturing out there. Trials are difficult, but they make us strong and bring us closer together. That is evident as I watch you and Josh together, you are so good to each other! You are an inspiration to me. I couldn't be more proud of you both! Love you ToNz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maddi! I am so sorry to hear all that. I hope you are doing okay. Russ and I have been going through a few trials too, it is so hard. You are such a sweet girl and I hope the rest of your time in PA is enjoyable, can't wait to have you back here so we can all hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maddi I'm so glad you're feeling better. My told me a little about you being sick. Don't worry... we ALL kept you in our thoughts and prayers! When you guys come out for X-mas we should get together one night and go to dinner or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... and GO DONNA for re-caulking the tub and scrubbing the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so great to have blogs to see what's going on in your life!! I finally updated mine if you want to take a look at it :) just some pictures of all cami's kids tho. I'm going to do some more soon! So check it out if ya want! I'm so glad you're feeling better and that your mom was able to fly out there! Ralph and Heidi are coming out in a couple weeks aren't they? That will be fun. Jake is coming sometime in Nov. I'll have to look at flights and see if i can come too. That would be fun! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Maddi! I am so glad that you are okay. How scary! That is so nice that your mom was able to come out. I just love her. She is so cute and sweet!

    I bet that is hard to live so far away from home but that is really fun that you get to come home for Christmas! We will be moving somewhere in a couple years for PA school. It sounds exciting but kinda sad at the same time. Anyway I'm glad you posted and glad to hear you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maddi, I had no idea! I'm so sorry that isn't fun at all? So when do you have your surgury?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you've been sick and i'm sorry you had to quit school, but you are so smart you can do anything! I hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maddi! Can you do me a favor? Go grab a Tyler style burger... you know the really big and greasy ones? It will be good for you! :) Well we love you Maddi! I'm so glad everything is working out so well! You are doing awesome with everything that has happened! Keep it up! And we are so excited for you guys to come at christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finally I was able to see your blog! Super Cute! I have kept updated from your dad on your health, and I am so glad you are doing better. You never know at the time why things happen the way they do and then one day or in some way they click. It's hard and it sucks, but the gospel rocks! I hope the school thing works out, but the break I had was great, and I'll tell you it made me want to go back; I know crazy:) Love ya, and keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh maddi... I am so sorry to hear that

    ReplyDelete