My latest goal is to make our own bread every week! There is this lady in our ward that does it and she makes the BEST bread ever! It is also so much healthier than anything you can get in the store. She had me over the other day and taught me how to make it and it was so easy and healthy. We made 4 loaves of bread and then we made 3 pizza's for dinner that night. She said she also uses the extra dough for pancakes and scones! She grinds all her wheat to make the flour so I learned how to do that. I need to use my wheat in my food storage so I figure this will be a great way. I wanted to share the recipe because seriously it is so easy and yummy!!!
Whole Wheat Bread
3/4 C. Olive Oil
3/4 C. Honey
5 C. HOT water
2 T yeast
Combine all those ingredients and let sit for about 5-10 minutes until it gets puffy.
Add:
6 C. flour
2 T salt
Mix for 2-3 minutes until it is about the consistency of a cake batter.
Add:
6 C. more flour
Mix about 1 minutes or until it is about the consistency of a cookie batter.
Add 1 C. more flour as needed until the dough naturally pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Or until it is at the consistency you want it. We just needed one cup. I think it depends on the humidity and stuff also though.
Take out the dough and knead it a little and roll it into loaves. Grease the bread pans and place it in them. You can let it rise naturally for about an hour or turn the oven on to 250 and after it is preheated turn it off and put the bread in the oven. It should rise within 10-15 minutes. It should double itself.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes!
It makes 6 loaves of bread. You can also half it it you want. An easy way to remember the recipe is to always add as much oil as honey and as much yeast as salt. It is a very forgiving recipe. If it is too thick add water, too thin add more flour!
For Pizza just roll it out into the pizza shape you want it and add the sauce and cheese and bake at 425 for 15 minutes!
I really think it is so important to know how to make our own bread and things like it because you never know what will happen in your life! It is so much healthier and cheap might I add! You can freeze the loaves and just always be prepared for anything!



YUMMY! I've been wanting to make bread for so long, so I'm totally going to make it!! Ive never made bread, so this may be interesting... but what the heck I'll give it a shot! Did you use your kitchen aide or what to mix? (may be a dumb question, but just curious?!) I'm so excited, it looks delicious! THANKS for the great recipe and the very easy to follow instructions, my kind of cooking!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so ambitious!! That look really good too!!! Maybe you will give me some inspiration to do something like that!!
ReplyDeleteOoh...thanks for the recipes. And yes...you are too ambitious. I can barely keep track of my breakfast. How is the Mary Kay stuff going for you?
ReplyDeleteYour are so good! It looks great! I will have to try it.Thanks for the recipe, I have always wanted to make some!
ReplyDeleteYumm sent some of that my way. That loaf looks perfect! I will for sure have to try your recipe.
ReplyDeleteI have to try it!
ReplyDelete